Indian Head Massage known as “ Champa ” has been practiced for many centuries as part of the family health care. Ayurvedic doctors practiced it for skin rejuvenation and as part of an anti-aging technique. Indian mothers would massage their babies’ hair, head neck and shoulders to stimulate HOLISTIC growth and relaxation.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?
-Indian head massage goes beyond the purely aesthetic and superficial
-Stimulates nerve function,
-Improves relaxation , creating calmness and emotional well-being.
-Concentration and alertness are optimized.
-Other benefits include: tension headaches, eye-strain, ear problems, neck and shoulder stiffness, Bell’s Palsy, sinusitis, scalp tension and mental fatigue
PURPOSE OF WORKSHOP
How to incorporate massage, oils and pressure point technique in a 35 – 45 min treatment of HEAD, NECK SHOULDERS AND FEET on the table or in a chair!
Explanation of the Ayurvedic understanding of the life force Prana, meditation and the philosophy behind Ayurvedic massage
How to evaluate, analyze and treat the client as an individual
The three different types of massage suited for each individual
An explanation of functions of and locations of the marmas (pressure points )
Location and explanation of the nadi ( meridian system)
Discussion of the choice of appropriate essential oils , herbs and their energetic qualities for each individual client
How to apply the three principal strokes , satvic, rajastic and tamasic
HOW TO SELECT APPROPRIATE OILS AND ESSENTIAL OILS FOR DIFFERENT CONDITIONS
How to do a vigorous, but relaxing foot and leg massage
WHAT ELSE CAN I EXPECT?
This is mainly a hands-on course. We will practice the three principal strokes and techniques ( Sattva, Raja, Tamas) , apply oils and get a great revitalizing and relaxing treatment.
Bring a hand towel, table, and suggested oils ( Rosemary, Sandalwood, Lavender,
Peppermint, Frankincense, Patchouli and blends, etc ) and an open mind! IF YOU DON’T OWN ANY OILS, YOU CAN STILL PARTICIPATE!
Lomi Lomi means …. “ To break up into small pieces “,”The Dance of Massage”, Loving Hands Massage “
“TO REVIVE THE BODY”
“TO MOVE THE BLOOD AND LYMPH”
“TO OPEN SPASMS”
“TO REMOVE WASTE MATERIAL FROM MUSCLE”
“TO FACILITATE MYOFASCIAL RELEASE”
“TO REVITALIZE THE FACE AND HEAD”
“TO SAVE YOUR HANDS”
“TO REMOVE EMOTIONAL TOXICITY WITH OILS AND COMPASSIONATE CARE”
This is a 1500 year old technique that aims at releasing all PHYSICAL AND EMOTIONAL congestion in the body, with a full body massage.
It is known in Hawaii as the “ Dance Of Massage” because of its long flowing style and continuous rhythm and beat accompanied by selected tribal music. The therapist and client will become entranced in a spiritual state. You will learn how to transform a loving touch into techniques for healing. The basis for Lomi Lomi is an integration of Mind – Body - Soul in a ritual of transformation and inspiration. The inspiration is from the Huna or “Pathway of life “ . Unlike a N.M.T. clinical massage, it calls for intuition, rhythm and flow, culminating in a therapeutic dance! Did you know that Trager Therapy is linked to Hawaiian Lomi Lomi ?
YOU WILL LEARN:
-Some 12 strokes for a FULL BODY massage addressing long hardened, bulky muscles and cellulite
-Breathing techniques and meditation to conserve your energy and build stamina
-Circular , Spiraling and forearm techniques as well as kneading thumb techniques.
-How to address the diaphragm, the seat of our emotions
-Stretch techniques for upper and lower limbs
-The use of Aromatherapy essential oils on ear points and the body to really enhance your massage subtly and lpermanently l
-Stretch and strengthening exercises for the massage therapist
-Self care for the massage therapist and client.
When emotional turmoil, stress, and illness enter our experience, we can learn to take charge of our own healing. By becoming more aware of limiting beliefs and symbolic messages reflected within the body and the environment, we can consciously let go of dis-ease. With intent and focus, we can complete the past, heal the present, and create a healthy future. Thought Body Clearing offers powerful insight and clear direction, enabling us, with creative thought, to move toward wholeness within our relationships, our bodies, our selves.
This workshop is open to all, but is a MUST for therapists, bodyworkers and Lightworkers!
By the end of this program participants will be able to:
• Recognize events in the environment and physical body as symbolic of one’s limiting and/or positive thoughts, and use those symbols to heal the personal environment.
• Develop a sensitivity to others’ thoughts & feelings, yet “ground” and set boundaries.
• Channel positive energy to others, being response-able to others, not for them.
• Work with the human energy systems, energy centers and polarity channels in relationship to thoughts, the body, and the environment.
• Have a working knowledge of body dialogue, imagery, yogic breathing, instantaneous relaxation, and self-healing.
• Use applied kinesiology, with certainty, to diagnose limiting beliefs and energy blockages in the Thought Body, and to discover which positive thoughts, energy exercises, isometrics and isotonics, and body work techniques would be useful in clearing the Thought Body.
• Discover which energy systems, energy centers and polarity channels clients need to work with, and tailor these techniques for individual clients.
• Explore “expressive physio-therapy” with isometrics and isotonics to release tension from the emotional and thought bodies.
• More readily recognize physical ailments as symbolic of one’s limiting thoughts, and use those symbols to heal the personal environment.
• Gain certainty in using body dialogue, imagery, the yogic energizing breath, instant relaxation, kinesiology and self-healing techniques.
• Release specific stressors in the emotional and thought bodies to induce and accelerate healing.
• Use stress as a tool to achieve goals, breathe more easily, speak more freely, love more deeply.
About the facilitator:
Steven is a Licensed Professional Counselor and Bodyworker, Hypnotherapist, Eye Movement Therapist (EMDR) and Thought Field Therapist (TFT). A gifted medical/emotional intuitive and Shamanic healer, his history includes multiple modalities from indigenous healers in the Hawaiian, Mexican, and Native American traditions, a professorship at several universities, and numerous radio and TV appearances. A celebrated author and teacher, he is known for touching others’ lives with his wisdom, insight & healing, his books include Healing Thoughts: Applying Therapeutic Shamanism in Your Daily Life and co-written with Marcia Rogat, Spirit Journeys: Freeing the Soul in this Life and Beyond. His column, the Body Mind Health Corner may be found online at www.CreativeThought.org